10 North Georgia Wineries to Tour During Your Visit
The North Georgia Mountains are beckoning to you to visit this summer. Come indulge yourself with a relaxing and luxurious stay with us at Glen-Ella Springs Inn and revel in our temperate sunny days, cool whispering nights, calming summer breezes, and our thriving local wineries! Here is a list of just ten North Georgia wineries that should be visited while staying with us here in gorgeous Clarkesville, Georgia!
- Yonah Mountain Vineyards (11 miles): Make a reservation and tour the vineyards in Cleveland, GA with the Tour de la Cave and Barrel Tasting that is held each Saturday at noon. Located in Sautee, GA, Yonah’s Wine Room is a fun place to enjoy live music, Yonah Mountain Vineyards wine, and other locally made beverages.
- Sautee-Nacoochie Vineyards (12 miles): A small family owned winery, this vineyard prides itself on harvesting their grapes by hand and truly giving their wines a personal touch. Their tasting room is open weekly on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Habersham Winery (13 miles): Opened in 1983 and located in Nacoochie Village, Habersham Winery has been consistently producing award winning wines for years. Visit their tasting room and enjoy a sip of their new Traminette wine, some gourmet cheeses, and take a look in their gorgeous gift shop.
- The Cottage Vineyard and Winery (20 miles): Located in Cleveland, GA, The Cottage Vineyard and Winery has been open since 2012. With live music every Saturday, The Cottage Vineyard and Winery is one of the best North Georgia wineries to visit on your trip.
- Frogtown Cellars (23 miles): A unique vineyard in that it is quite varied in its elevation, Frogtown Cellars has some of the most celebrated and awarded Georgia wines in existence. The beautiful tasting room and bistro overlook a “viney” vista and are a perfect location for weddings and other special events.
- Three Sisters Vineyards and Winery (24 miles): Home to the Georgia Wine Country Festival, this well established family owned winery is situated on one hundred and eight acres just outside the city of Dahlonega.
- Tiger Mountain Vineyards (24 miles): Using traditional vintner methods, this beautiful winery is home to some incredible wines. In 2011, the owners transformed the 75 year old barn into a spectacular event spot.
- Cavender Creek Vineyards, LLC (27 miles): Now producing three red wines and a rare Petit Manseng white wine, this lovely winery located in Dahlonega is open Thursday through Sunday for tastings.
- Montaluce Winery & Estates (38 miles): Also located in Dahlonega, Georgia, this breathtakingly beautiful winery is also home to Le Vigne Restaurant. Their gorgeous grounds and grand estate are a perfect venue for weddings, a romantic dinner, and a stroll.
- Boutier Winery (34 miles): Enjoy their award winning 2005 Georgia Chardonnay or their bronze medal winning Bordeaux! Boutier Winery only encompasses 32 acres, but they produce incredible results with their small plot of piedmont.
There are obviously numerous North Georgia wineries for you to peruse while staying with us at Glen-Ella Springs Inn. This is just a list of ten (among many) that we believe are worth visiting. We hope you enjoy your stay and satisfy your yearning for wandering and wine!