Congratulations on your engagement! Planning a wedding can be overwhelming, but with our North Georgia wedding checklist, we hope to make it a little easier for you. From choosing the perfect venue to sending out thank-you notes, our comprehensive checklist covers all the essential tasks you need to complete before your big day.
North Georgia Wedding Checklist: Everything You Need to Consider When Planning Your Dream Wedding
12 Months Before the Wedding
- Set a budget for your wedding and stick to it.
- Choose a date and book your venue.
- Hire a wedding planner or coordinator if desired.
- Create a guest list and send save-the-date cards.
- Start researching vendors such as caterers, photographers, and florists.
9-11 Months Before the Wedding
- Choose your bridal party and ask them to be part of your special day.
- Order your wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses.
- Book vendors such as caterers, photographers, and florists.
- Reserve hotel blocks for out-of-town guests.
6-8 Months Before the Wedding
- Finalize details with vendors.
- Choose readings or music for the ceremony.
- Purchase wedding rings.
- Plan transportation for the wedding party.
4-5 Months Before the Wedding
- Send out invitations to guests.
- Schedule hair and makeup trials.
- Finalize menu selections with the caterer.
2 Months Before the Wedding
- Apply for a marriage license.
- Confirm final headcount with the caterer and other vendors.
- Purchase gifts for the bridal party.
1 Month Before the Wedding
- Have the final dress fitting and arrange for any necessary alterations.
- Confirm details with all vendors one last time.
Week of the Wedding
- Pack for the honeymoon if leaving immediately after the wedding.
- Give the final headcount to the caterer.
- Pick up dress from alterations.
- Rehearsal dinner.
- Get plenty of rest!
Everyone Will Love Your North Georgia Wedding
You and your guests will always remember your special wedding in North Georgia. At Glen-Ella Springs Inn, intimacy, exclusivity, and delectable dining combine for a truly memorable celebration of love! At the end of the big day, rest assured that you and your guests are only steps away from an accommodation featuring a cozy bed with super-soft sheets, views of the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountain foothills, and a set of premium amenities. After a good night’s sleep, you’ll be treated to a homemade, gourmet Southern breakfast on us!
If you plan on eloping, Glen-Ella Springs Inn is perfect for that, too. Our private guest rooms and proximity to beautiful North Georgia vineyards, boutiques, and outdoor adventures make our property the perfect place to escape with your husband- or wife-to-be. Our guests frequently call us the most romantic getaway in North Georgia!