Welcome to Glen-Ella Springs Inn! You’re finally here! We’re so glad that you’ve chosen our special Inn for your getaway and we will do everything possible to make sure that you’re glad too.
As you settle into your richly appointed room, take the time to notice the stately antiques, rich textiles, and luxurious linens carefully selected to make your room beautiful, comfortable, and unique. North Georgia is famous for its antique shops and since our actual building itself is an antique, it only seemed proper to “outfit” our Inn with items complementary to its history!
For your enjoyment, here is a list of antique stores in GA that we recommend you visit while you’re our guest at Glen-Ella.
- The Old Clarkesville Mill Art & Antique Mall – 18,000 square feet of art, antiques, and other items of interest from numerous vendors. Here, you’ll find pieces that appeal to every taste and style. The antique mall is open seven days a week and is located at 583 Grant Street, Suite A right here in Clarkesville, GA!
- Homestead House – Specializing in primitive and rustic Americana items, this shop is actually housed in a log cabin built in the 1700s! Peruse the shelves and choose from an assortment of candles, pewter items, rugs, accessories, and more! Homestead House is located here in Clarkesville at 511 Grant Street.
- Timpson Creek Gallery – Clayton, GA also has an amazing antique store that concentrates on rustic Americana décor. At the Timpson Creek Gallery, you’ll find art, jewelry, furniture, and even apparel that reflect historic American style. Timpson Creek Gallery’s address is 7142 Highway 76 West in Clayton, GA and they are open Monday through Saturday and are closed on Sundays and all major holidays.
- Black Bear Creek Antiques – Also located in Clayton, this incredible antique shop is open on weekends, Friday through Monday, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Here, you’ll find antique fishing and hunting gear, collectibles, rustic home furnishings, art, and more! Their address is 6028 Highway 76 W.
- Carol’s Back Porch – Located in Dillard, GA, Carol’s Back Porch is the place to go for antique serving tools, dishes, tablecloths, and more. With over 8,000 square feet of merchandise space, you’re likely to find whatever you’re looking for here. Open Monday through Saturday, Carol’s Back Porch is located at 1127 Franklin Street.
- Yesterday’s Treasures Antique Mall – If you’re looking for authentic antique advertising, lithographs, needlepoint, Civil War artifacts, and more, this is where you should shop! Located at 1213 Franklin Street, this huge antique mall offers amazing merchandise at reasonable prices.
- Old Sautee Store – This charming historic shop and eatery sells everything from antique autoharps to apple butter! Anything that you associate with the Appalachian Mountains can be found at the Old Sautee Store. You can find them at 2315 GA Hwy 17 in Sautee, GA.
- Nacoochee Antiques at Historic Nacoochee Village – If you’re looking for true antique furniture, you must take a ride down the road to Helen, GA and visit Nacoochee Antiques at 7091 S, Main Street. Tables to plates to hats to toys and more!
At Glen-Ella Springs Inn, we know you’re going to love this incredible part of our country and will want to bring some Appalachia back home with you. By visiting these antique stores in GA, we know you’ll be able to do just that!